Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Tech vs. Maryland

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    Tech beat LSU last time they played, Miami beat UT and vice versa, both Miami and FSU have dominated Florida over the years. Bama has been on probation so long, they havent even been relevant, Tech played Auburn pretty well last season, Clemson smashed UT, Maryland smashed UT. South Carolina has even beaten Georgia a time or two so dont act like the SEC is far superior to the ACC. Its very close to be honest. There's no dominate team in the SEC this year and Tech may very well be dominant in the ACC.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    I dont usually agree with oakland_raiders, but UGA is a really good team, and Shockley is a better QB than Vick.

    Hes got the presence in the pocket that Vick does not have yet.

    Hes also undefeated as a starter this year, so that arguement doesnt pass.

    I think UGA/VT would be a better game than all the Tech junkies think it would be, UGA's D is tough, and behind Giles, anyone could run the ball.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    Biggin, isn't Vick undefeated as a starter as well, and not just this year, but so far in his career?

    I dont buy into Shockley yet...but Georgia is a much better team than I expected.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    I got news for ya now way Georgia will go undefeated this year...Bama will not either.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    Yeah, he's 7-0 this year.

    This is the first year Shockley, barring injury, will start the whole season.

    I dont think shockley is a great passer, but he's a good leader, something that Vick can only acquire with experience.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    I got news for you, you are wrong.

    One of them will.

    Either UGA gets over the hump by beating Florida in Jacksonville, or Bama wins the three tough games left.

    Tob, I dont see why you post stuff like that, you have to actual agruement behind it.

    Albeit they might not, because of the parity in the SEC, but at least post why.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Houndman's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2005
    Posts
    422
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    That's because of the teams (SEC) that they play week after week. These teams are strong from the top to almost the bottom. When you play strong team after strong team each week it wears on you and injuries mount.
    Lives of great men all remind us as their pages o'er we turn, that we're apt to leave behind us letters that we ought to burn.-----Anonymous

  8. #68
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    I post this because I can...As for an arguement behind it why should I have one? You'll see soon enough that neither will go undefeated...Oh and do I question some of your post no...But to get technical do you post reasons behind all of your post? I was just giving my opinion.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  9. #69
    Inactive Member lpd05's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2005
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    Virginia Tech: 7-0 #3 in the Nation

    Tennessee fans may not like VT, but show some respect
    Clintwood Greenwave
    Back-to-Back Region D Champions
    2008 LPD Champions

    "State in '08"


  10. #70
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Tech vs. Maryland

    mega i did not say that the acc was pathetic or anything but everybody knows that the sec is the dominant conference in the nation with the acc close on their heels but even this year the sec as an allaround is better than the acc

    And Holy freaking dog crap biggin actually agrees with me on something [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    and oletob i think is wrong because as long as UGA beats florida then they should win out and either play bama or LSU in the sec championship(probably playing bama)and i feel as though georgia is a better team than LSU and Bama(since porthro injury)

    who knows if my predictions are right i feel that tech will get beat by either FSU or miami and that USC will lose to a UCLA or CAL...then we might see the dawgs and the longhorns in the national championship if the dawgs win out...lets all keep our fingers crossed [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •